Last updated: October 24, 2023
Service d’identité Daktylos Inc. brings to the attention of the public that, as a personal information agent, it collects and holds data of a personal or financial nature on individuals. Service d’identité Daktylos provides its customers with credit reports on the character, reputation and creditworthiness of these individuals. Service d’identité Daktylos collects, uses, communicates and retains your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (the "Act").
2. Collection of Personal Information
In the course of its activities, and through the www.daktylos.ca website (the "Website"), Service d’identité Daktylos may collect personal information and anonymous data about you.
The Personal Information that Service d’identité Daktylos may collect about you includes your name, title/function, e-mail address, telephone number, billing information and any information that may be found on your or your company's website. Service d’identité Daktylos does not collect any Personal Information from you unless such information is expressly communicated to us by telephone, e-mail or through a form filled out on our Website. Service d’identité Daktylos does not intentionally collect Personal Information from minors under the age of 14. The parent or guardian of such a minor may contact the Privacy Officer to request that his or her Personal Information be destroyed.
3. Purposes of collecting Personal Information
Service d’identité Daktylos uses the Personal Information it collects only for the purposes identified at the time of collection or for the purposes required or permitted by law.
In particular, Service d’identité Daktylos may use Personal Information to:
- To provide services;
- Assess and understand customer needs;
- Manage the administration of its business, including invoicing and payment of its suppliers;
- Develop customer relations;
- Apply internal risk management policies;
- Improve the browsing experience on the Website; and
- Respond to requests sent via the Website.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Unless required or permitted by law, Service d’identité Daktylos will only disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. Service d’identité Daktylos may disclose your Personal Information to its employees, subcontractors, consultants, agents, service providers, financial institution, government authorities and insurer.
5. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
Service d’identité Daktylos will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law (the "Retention Period").
For the entire Retention Period, Personal Information will be stored in secure locations and on servers controlled by Service d’identité Daktylos, which are located in Quebec at the offices of our service providers.
Once the Retention Period has expired, Personal Information will be permanently anonymized or destroyed using secure processes.
7. User rights
To the extent permitted by law, you may contact the Service d’identité Daktylos Privacy Officer to obtain:
- Confirmation of the existence of your Personal Information;
- a copy of your Personal Information in a format accessible to you;
- clarification as to how your Personal Information was collected;
- update or rectify your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous, or if its collection, communication or retention is not authorized by law;
- the destruction of all or part of your Personal Information.
You may also contact the Service d’identité Daktylos Privacy Officer to withdraw your consent or to file a complaint regarding the handling of your Personal Information.
If you are not satisfied with our response to a request concerning your Personal Information, you may contact the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec at 900-2045, rue Stanley, Montréal (Québec) H3A 2V4 or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 30, rue Victoria, Gatineau (Québec), K1A 1H3.
Service d’identité Daktylos is committed to implementing reasonable security measures to ensure the protection of Personal Information, including the use of an SSL security certificate.
Service d’identité Daktylos is not responsible for the loss or deletion of data by users of the Web Site. Similarly, Service d’identité Daktylos assumes no responsibility for damage caused to users by viruses or computer attacks.
9. Contacting the Privacy Officer
10. Policy update